- 13 to 30 January Celtic Connections Massive Folk music festival that brings together indigenous musicians with those from around the world
- 25 January Burns Night Get out the Whiskey, haggis and poetry for Robert Burns
- 14 Feb to 26 March New Territories Edgy, exciting festival of contemporary dance and live art
- 18 to 28 February Glasgow Film Festival Diverse selection of new and old films, with special star guests.
- 4 to 12 MarchAye Write Book Festival This year’s line-up hasn’t been announced yet but there is sure to be a broad range of interesting authors.
- 17 March to 10 April Magners Glasgow International Comedy Festival Ever-expanding comedy festival featuring big names and local talent.
- TBA Glasgow Art Fair Contemporary art for sale in a tent in George Square
- TBA Southside Festival Community festival on Queen’s Park.
- TBC Merchant City Festival Film, theatre, comedy, visual arts, street theatre, live music, food and fashion
- TBA West End Festival Bohemian West End of Glasgow is a vibrant mix of music, theatre, and a Mardi Gras
- TBA Glasgow International Jazz Festival Annual jazz shindig
- TBA Bard in the Botanics Shakespeare in the rain
- TBA Piping Live! Glasgow International Piping Festival
- 15 August World Pipe Band Championships Includes 8,000 pipers! You either love it or you hate it.
- TBC Doors Open Day The magnificent Victorian buildings of Glasgow are revealed for one weekend.
- TBC Glasgow DIY Festival Interesting new addition to the calendar where you are the star
- 21 Oct to 12 Nov Glasgay! Celebration of gay and lesbian culture
- 5 November Glasgow Fireworks Non-denominational show set to music
- 31 DecemberGlasgow’s Hogmanay 25,000 debauched revellers pack into George Square